Today we made stellar progress.
So things are starting to come together.
I got a call from the manufacturer about the holding tank monitor, it should be in Friday. I have the sensor already and he is shipping a jumper for me to install on the monitor so it will work with the sensor.
The replacement water filter cartridge arrived today. I am installing a valve so it can be replaced in the future without shutting down the entire fresh water system. That project may be completed tomorrow.
The dinghy motor project has still to be done, but I think I have a handle on it. And if I can't fix the Mercury, I'll fall back to the Tohatsu instead.
The steering compass is being rebuilt and should arrive in about two weeks.
I still have to figure out the wiring to the anchor light and foredeck lights. When you turn either on, they both come on. The previous owner may have installed a jumper as a safety in case the anchor light burned out, but the foredeck light makes the forward stateroom too bright. And together, they pull a lot of battery power. And the foredeck light interferes with my stargazing at anchor.
I need to verify the depth markings on our anchor chain rode and inspect it for condition, and verify it has a length of nylon at the bitter end so I can cut it loose in an emergency. I also need to look into a storm anchor.
That about completes my list of "must be done before we leave". Maybe, just maybe, we can squeeze in some sailing time, as there has been very little of that. We still have a couple of weeks, even after the diversion this weekend with long time friends in Myrtle Beach.
I could use the break.